We are seeking an Instructional Designer to join our team. This individual will design, create, and oversee outcomes-based multimedia content that will instruct Enmark users on “how to” best use Enmark software. This individual will play a pivotal role in enhancing our customer experience by converting existing Help Files into a comprehensive knowledge base, creating content to address common customer inquiries, and producing educational videos for our product features. The ideal candidate will have experience using an ERP and/or experience using Metal Service Center centric-software.
- Knowledge Base Development:
- Convert existing Help Files into a user-friendly knowledge base.
- Collaborate with the support team to identify common “how do I” questions and create detailed knowledge base articles to deflect support volume.
- Regularly update the knowledge base to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Multimedia Content Creation:
- Produce video content, including GIFs and 60-second clips, to complement written content where applicable.
- Collaborate with product management to create knowledge base articles and educational videos for newly released features.
- Content Strategy:
- Ensure that all content produced aligns with the company’s branding and voice.
- Work closely with the marketing team to create content that can be used for promotional and educational-marketing purposes, positioning Enmark as industry thought leaders.
- Continuous Learning & Collaboration:
- Stay updated with the latest product changes and industry trends to ensure content relevance.
- Work closely with product management, support, and marketing teams to ensure content meets the needs of both the company and its customers.
- Feedback & Improvement:
- Gather feedback from the support team and customers on the knowledge base and other content.
- Continuously improve content based on feedback and analytics.
- Have experience working with software in a Metal Service Center; or
- Have experience working for a company that provides software to Metal Service Centers; or
- Experience working with an ERP software solution.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience with writing user documentation and in creating multimedia content, especially GIFs and short video clips.
- Experience using software similar to the Enmark software.
- Experience in creating content for promotional or educational-marketing purposes.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to explain complex topics in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in video creation and editing tools such as Camtasia, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc.
Benefits of Working at Enmark:
Aside from working with smart, enthusiastic Enmark employees, having uncapped growth potential and an awesome work/life balance, this position includes a competitive suite of benefits. Benefits include immediate enrollment in health, dental and vision insurance (premiums paid for by Enmark), 401k (immediate 100% vested match), life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, unlimited paid time-off and no dress code!
Location & Work Environment:
Our office is located in Ann Arbor Michigan, but this position is able to be fully remote, in the office or hybrid situation that works best for the candidate.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance